Secondary storage hyper-converger Cohesity saw revenues grow 300 per cent in its fiscal 2018 year and introduced Helios SaaS management.
The fiscal year closed July 31, and Cohesity also quadrupled its customer count year-over-year. It said customer adoption accelerated 75 per cent in the fourth quarter compared to the third.
It said 81 per cent of its partners grew their business in excess of 100 per cent in FY 2018, while 75 per cent grew their business by more than 200 per cent.
CEO and founder Mohit Aron said: “Cohesity empowers customers to consolidate a patchwork of secondary silos including backup, files and objects, test/dev, archiving, analytics, and cloud with a platform that scales in a way no other vendor can match.”
The company has tripled its headcount to nearly 700 globally. Within the last eight months, it christened its new its headquarters in downtown San Jose while also opening its second major US office in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Helios provides a single dashboard with analytics and machine learning capabilities to hopefully generate insights from data. Customers can;
● Access a smart assistant for IT: Administrators can define service-level agreements (SLAs) by job and workload and Cohesity SmartAssist will automatically evaluate required versus available resources (e.g., compute, storage) across all clusters to meet SLAs or suggest changes as needed.
● Utilise machine learning for operational insights: Helios evaluates how infrastructure is being used and utilises ML to determine what adjustments or modifications may be necessary in the future. Eg, based on current storage utilisation and workload makeup, Helios will proactively recommend when additional resources might be needed to continue meeting business requirements.
● Benefit from peer comparisons: Helios evaluates a customers’ operational metadata sets and also analyses operational metadata from Cohesity customers globally. Organisations can compare infrastructure utilisation against anonymised benchmarks from their peers and uncover best practices.
● Benefit from proactive health checks: Based on global operational metadata, Helios looks at the actions taken by an IT administrator across their sites and alerts them, for example, of anomalies that don’t follow best practices (e.g., if a financial services customer forgets to turn on encryption). Helios will then suggest a recommended path forward.
● Relax with automation: Customers get peace of mind in knowing Helios can automate corrective action for failure of non-critical system resources, including proactively notifying the Cohesity global support team to ensure that any issue is quickly addressed.
● Access a “crystal ball”: Helios empowers administrators to test the impact of future changes across their clusters before rolling them out. Administrators can also evaluate alternative approaches with “what-if” analyses powered by machine learning.
Customers can move data from one location to another, maximising capacity and improving disaster recovery while optimising costs. They can also use the Cohesity Analytics Workbench (AWB) to get insights from data, starting with three applications:
● Detect patterns that help ensure compliance: With the Pattern Finder application, enterprises can search their secondary data for strings of characters that match the pattern of sensitive or personal data, for example, a Social Security number or a phone number. Organisations can then take corrective action to comply with stringent regulatory requirements.
● Pinpoint bad passwords to mitigate risks: The smart Password Detection application gives companies a way to improve security by searching across global data sets to uncover passwords that fail to meet best practices, such as those that include personal or company names, or are stored in plain text.
● Transcode videos to optimise for capacity: To help optimise resources, IT admins — including those within the security, surveillance and healthcare industries — can use the Video Compression application to reduce the size of large media files while optimising space.
Download the Cohesity Helios data sheet here.